A biography, Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life, was written by Philip José Farmer in the 1970s, who (in this book, and his earlier Tarzan Alive) uncovered many hitherto-unknown details about Doc's life, including his parentage and familial relationships to Tarzan, Sherlock Holmes, Fu Manchu and James Bond (among many others). Farmer, unlike some other Savage scholars, identifies certain of the pulp novels as fictional.
In the 1980s, DC Comics published a Doc Savage series that revealed that he married Princess Monja F'Teema, and had by her one son, the unhappy Clark Savage III.
- Wikipedia article on Doc Savage
- Doc Savage Book Report
- Doc Savage Through the Circles of Wold
- The Incredible Adventures of Clarke Savage III
- The Chronology of Bronze (This is not a WNU site)
- What's In A Name?
- "The Adventure of the Priory School" (according to the researchs of Philip José Farmer, this Sherlock Holmes story chronicles a pivotal event in the life of Doc Savage's father)